Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Coaches Aide-Teen helpers

My last entry was more of a rant and I do apologize. But I do know we all feel like that sometime. Just for the record I've snapped out of it and back on the ball. Last week was a busy week. I had lots of phone calls from girls moving on to H.S. that still want to be involved with the organization. Which is a great thing however I don't think they realize how much work their freshman year is going to be, especially if they will be trying out for their H.S. cheerleading squad. As 8th graders they were king of the hill and that's not how it's going to be for them next year. They have to pretty much start all over and prove themselves all over.
Don't get me wrong I love having a coaches aide or aides, I started out as a coaches aide. As a head coach it can be difficult on deciding on the right assistants and aides. There are lots of books out there on how to coach kids and some are really good, I have a few myself. But I like the DVDs better they give you more useful information that you can watch over and over, lend out to your assistant, your aides, or what I do is set up a girls night and invite the coaching staff over and watch them together. It can be hard to find quality instructional DVDs at a book store or sports store. I go to Active Videos, there should be a link somewhere to your right. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

We Coach Youth Sports

No comments: