Saturday, May 24, 2008

Over Coaching

Coaching youth cheerleading is fun for me or else I wouldn't do it. I love spending time with my kids and I appreciate the hard work everyone on my squad puts out every practice, game, and competition. Of course there is always discipline and correction that needs to take place but NOTHING like what I seen the other day at my girls softball game. I was embarrassed for the team. The coach was so negative towards the girls, mind you they are 8 and 9 year olds. They are already nervous and when you have a coach yelling at every pitch or every at bat its putting it way over the top! Coach I would just like to say, if you do not like what you are doing then do not do it. The girls were so worked up they didn't even know what to do. If you have a problem with a call, you can't start yelling at the umpire in front of those kids! You can't start an argument with the other coach! And then expect your players to go out and do their best. Wake up coach! What does it say about how you feel about your team, when during the last 2 innings you coaches are sitting in the dugout yelling and dictating to your team? That you gave up on them. One of the worst things you can do. You need to be confident in your team and show them that. Maybe, they just might surprise you.

We Coach Youth Sports

No comments: