Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Parents Do Appreciate You

Did I just say that? WOW! As funny as that title sounds it is true(sometimes). Discipline. Some youth sport coaches are afraid of that word. I definitely am not. Maybe its because of the coaches I had growing up or from my Dad who has coached youth sports for over 30 years with an "old school" style. Whatever it is, I probably will never change. I have come to realize that most parents actually appreciate it and will thank you for it. The way you discipline your team or squad sets the tone for practices and games. It teaches them respect for themselves and others. It also builds their confidence in themselves and you. When I have a parent at the end of the year come to me and thank me, it just makes all the time, dedication, and hard work worth while.

We Coach Youth Sports

No comments: